Breaking life down...

Monday, June 2, 2008

Broom el Blogging numera 2


So slowly but surely I have gotten settled into my house. This house has been through a lot. It has been through air conditioning changes, different paint jobs, new appliances, old appliances, and much more. Nothing has ever been settled in this house. If I were a house I would want find something I wanted and leave it alone. Why is it when I get exactly what I want I can't keep it? I really liked the window unit...why can't I keep it. I mean heck I am THE HOUSE!!! I should have some sort of say in how things are run don't you think. What the house doesn't see is that the owner of the house is making it a better house, one day at a time. Window unit??? Are you for real??? Central Air BABY!!!! That is what the owner had in mind.

Man that has been the story of my real life. I have all of these great things put in my life. Or what I thought was great at the time. Jobs, money, friends, relationships, freedom, and anything you could ever ask for and more. Then when they are taken away...Josh is no longer a happy camper, but a really pissed off camper who wants what was never really his.

I have really been working on my bitterness as of late. I have friends and family who are dealing with the same thing. It's really easy to hold a grudge with God when he takes something out of your life. But just like the house...God takes things out of your life to replace it with something so much better. Honestly I did not want to use this scripture because everyone does, and if you know me I am an original freak! If you're gonna do something, it better have your signature on it and not someone elses. BUT this isn't my story I am telling, it's Christ's. So here it goes:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

- God (Jeremiah 29:11)

So what happens when you allow your bitterness, grudges, and what not effect what happened to you, or what was taken away from you in the past. A LOT

Yesterday, I talked about how Jesus calls us to be fully devoted to the cause of Love. We are to unconditionally, meaning no matter what, Love those around us. Even if a friendship ends, and you go your separate ways, Love that person.

But put yourself in this scenario, friendship A ends. Doesn't end happily. Apply grudge to that, and friendship B starts with new people. I can almost guarantee that trust will never exist in your new friendship. Until you forgive that person and move on you can never have more than what you had before, in Christ. I have found that this is a very handy tool of Satan, use peoples past to make them think that everyone is the same and that Love can not truly exist in humanity. It is a lie strait from hell. God designed us for relationship. That relationship is created for Him, but is not limited to Him. So when we have relationship with others, if bitterness is in the heart it is crowding out space for Love.

So here is what I will ask you to sweep out of your house when something new comes into play. Do some renovation, replace bitterness with Love. Don't let old things effect what God might have in store for you. Don't take the offer that this witch in the picture has given you...there isn't room on the broom. The broom will crash.

I'm gonna finish using the broom soon, so check later tonight for the last couple of sweeps.



1 comment:

Elise said...

You are exactly right. Good word.